Tips to Increase your Projectors Lamp Life
Like all techs, it is important to regularly service and maintains your projector equipment. If your business or organization leverage on the use of projector often, it is vital to keep it in top shape. One of the key components to focus attention on is the projector’s lamp. With time and usage, the bulbs light dim; and while there is an indicator that predicts lamp life, following best practices can help make the lamp last longer.
How long should a projector lamp last?
There is an expected operation time for every lamp; this is known as the lamp life. Calculated in hours, this is usually between 1,500 to 2,000 hours. Although newer models of lamp now claim a lamp life of more than 5,000 hours, the bell curve on all lamps determines their light duration.
The lifespan of projectors lamp is based solely on two things; environment it is operated and the number of hours it is run. A projector that is used between three to five hours daily and in a clean, dust-free environment has a high probability of reaching its lamp life. On the other hand, a projector that is used 24/7 and in a contaminated environment have a slim chance of achieving its expected lamp life.
When is the right time to change your lamp?
A vital component of a projector’s lamp is the metal halide. This high-pressure mercury causes the image of the projector to dim as it loses power and pressure builds up. When the dim becomes noticeable, it is advisable to replace your projector’s lamp. Due to temperature stress, most lamps fail altogether when they near their lifespan.
Recently, newer versions of projectors now come with an inbuilt lamp hour counter that let you know when it is time to replace your lamp. The lamp hour counter should be reset after the replacement, and while this is a cool feature to have, it is essential to go through the projectors guide to learn more about how to use it.
Some useful tips to make your lamp last longer
Eventually, your projector’s lamp will fail. However, it is crucial to note some critical preventive measures one can take to make sure that the projector’s lamp lasts longer and reaches its expected operation time.
- Avoid overworking the projector. Overheating of the projector’s engine is the primary cause of lamp failure. This is due to excessive temperature stress.
- Avoid using the projector in a contaminated environment. Where you operate the projector must be clean and devoid of dust. This is to stop clogging of fan and blockage of the air filters.
- When you shut down the projector, allow the lamp to cool down for 10 minutes before you move it. While it is still hot, the projector lamp is susceptible to damage.
- Avoid using the projector in an environment that is either too hot or too cold.
- Use the economy mode if you need to reduce the brightness of the lamp. Although this feature is not available in all models, it is useful and makes the lamp last longer.
- Avoid handling the lamp with an ordinary hand. Use gloves if you must treat it.
- Avoid turning the projector on or off frequently.
Buy top-quality projector lamp online.
Are you looking for high-quality projector lamps online? RC TURTLE LLC offers the best selection of lamps that stand the test of time in quality and performance. Unlike other projector lamp retailers, we do not sell counterfeit lamps, but OEM & premium quality lamps for your utmost satisfaction. Though the price might seem a bit high, you can rest assured of a product with 100% authenticity guaranteed. You won’t have to come back every 6 months a new one!